On The Cloud Pod this week, Amazon EC2 Trn1 instances for high-performance model training are now available, 123 new things were announced at Google Cloud Next ‘22, Several new Azure capabilities were announced at Microsoft Ignite, and many new announcements were made at Oracle CloudWorld.
Thank you to our sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides top-notch cloud and DevOps engineers to the world’s most innovative companies. Initiatives stalled because you’re having trouble hiring? Foghorn can be burning down your DevOps and Cloud backlogs as soon as next week.
- ⏰ Amazon EC2 Trn1 instances for high-performance model training are now available.
- ⏰ 123 new things were announced at Google Cloud Next ‘22.
- ⏰ Several new Azure capabilities were announced at Microsoft Ignite.
- ⏰ Many new announcements from Oracle CloudWorld.
💎 “We are pleased to have co-designed the first ASIC Infrastructure Processing Unit with Google Cloud, which has now launched in the new C3 machine series. A first of its kind in any public cloud, C3 VMs will run workloads on 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors while they free up programmable packet processing to the IPUs securely at line rates of 200Gb/s. This Intel and Google collaboration enables customers through infrastructure that is more secure, flexible, and performant.” – Nick McKeown, Senior Vice President, Intel Fellow and General Manager of Network and Edge Group. [35:26]
AWS: Increasing Your Large-Scale Distribution
- 🏃 Amazon EC2 Trn1 instances for high-performance model training are now available. [1:55]
- 🖥 AWS launches new local zones in Taipei and Delhi. [3:29]
- 🔈 A new cost explorer console experience was just announced, and it’s Justin approved. [4:26]
- ➕ Amazon Connect Cases is now generally available. [6:40]
GCP: What Will They Announce Next?
- 💸 You can now manage storage costs by automatically deleting expired data using Firestore Time-To-Live (TTL). [9:23]
- 📢 123 new things were announced at Google Cloud Next ‘22. [11:04]
- 👮 Google introduced new capabilities for secure transformations at Next ’22. [15:14]
- 💳 You can now learn with an annual subscription to Google Cloud. [20:10]
- 👓 Introducing the next evolution of Looker, your unified business intelligence platform. [22:49]
- ☁️ Google announces 20+ cloud networking innovations at Google Next.. [24:58]
- ⛑️ New Google Workspace innovations to aid in hybrid work. [28:37]
- 💽 Google is unifying data across multiple sources and platforms. [33:30]
- 💾 New C3 VM and Hyperdisk for Google Cloud. [35:00]
- 💲 Google Cloud offers up to 11% off on Spot VM. [37:12]
- 👀 Cloud Monitoring now supports PromQL. [38:23]
- 🤝 Google Cloud inks cloud and payments partnership with Coinbase. [38:46]
- 🇮🇱 Google Cloud opens a new region in Israel. [40:54]
Azure: Igniting the Competition
- 💪 Increase productivity with Microsoft Cloud. [44:14]
- 🔥 Several new Azure capabilities were announced at Microsoft Ignite. [47:08]
- 👋 Introducing Microsoft Syntex: Content AI integrated with the flow of work in Microsoft Cloud. [52:15]
- 🧱 Azure Firewall Basic now in preview. [53:05]
- 🎲 Introducing AiDice, advanced anomaly detection with AIOps. [54:38]
- ❤️🔥 From Places to Edge Workspaces, more news from Microsoft Ignite. [55:12]
- 📀 You can now leverage SFTP support for Azure Blob Storage to build a unified data lake. [1:02:12]
- 💻 Enterprise-grade DDoS protection for SMBs is now available in preview. [1:03:39]
Oracle: CloudWorld 2022 Announcements
- 1️⃣ Oracle CloudWorld day one: Announcing Oracle Database 23c. [1:05:36]
- 2️⃣ Oracle CloudWorld day two: Serverless Kubernetes, coming soon. [1:07:24]