79 / 100
Powered by Rank Math SEO
EKS on Snow Devices
On this episode of The Cloud Pod, the team highlights the new Graviton3-based images for users of AWS, new ways provided by Google to pay for its cloud services, the new partnership between Azure and the Finops Foundation, as well as Oracle’s new cloud banking, and the automation of CCOE.
A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides full-stack cloud solutions with a focus on strategy, planning and execution for enterprises seeking to take advantage of the transformative capabilities of AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
This week’s highlights
- 🚨 AWS: Users now have access to the new Graviton3-based images.
- 🚨 GCP: Google provides new ways to pay for Google Cloud Service.
- 🚨 Azure: Microsoft becomes a premier member of the Governing board at the Finops Foundation.
- 🚨 Oracle: Oracle introduces Oracle Banking Cloud Services
- 💡 “It’s important to sort of have that structure; even if you’re starting with a single account or project, you want to make sure you’re building something that can grow to multiples as you keep it”
- 💡 “There’s lots of things that you want to probably be automating; all the policies, all the governance, how you validate membership… that should all be really thought about from an automation perspective from day one”
AWS: Users now have access to the new Graviton3-based images.
- 👤 New Graviton3-Based General Purpose (m7g) and Memory-Optimized (r7g) Amazon EC2 Instances
- ️🕵️ The new M7g and R7g come in medium to 16xlarge.
GCP: Google provides new ways to pay for Google Cloud Service.
- 0️⃣ Introducing new cloud services and pricing for ultimate flexibility
- Flex Agreements and Flexible Cuds were also announced in relation to this.
Azure: Microsoft becomes a premier member of the Governing board at the Finops Foundation.
- 0️⃣ Microsoft joins the FinOps Foundation
- Azure hopes to define specifications and help evolve best practices globally
Oracle: Oracle introduces Oracle Banking Cloud Services.
- 0️⃣ Redefining Banking SaaS—Introducing Oracle Banking Cloud Services
- Their approach is defined by 9 core elements related to security, resilience, reliability, cost-effectiveness, and others. .
The Cloud Journey Series; The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE)
- This final installment of CCOE focuses on automating the CCOE and tracking CCOE metrics for adoption.
- Tagging is a crucial part of the security, access, or cost management strategy, which should be developed early, and as such cloud resources should be retrofitted for it and older ones should be tagged.
- One of the ways for a CCOE to demonstrate its value through automation is the metrics of adoption.
Other Headlines Mentioned:
- Announcing General Availability of Amazon EKS Anywhere on Snow
- AWS announces AWS Modular Data Center for U.S. Department of Defense Joint Warfighting Cloud Capability
- Announcing increased AWS Resource Access Manager default quota values
- Database Activity Streams now supports Amazon RDS for SQL Server
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams for Amazon DynamoDB now supports AWS CloudFormation
- ENA Express now supports 15 new EC2 Instances
- AWS Network Firewall now supports tag-based resource groups
- Amazon EventBridge event buses supports enhanced integration with AWS Service Quotas
- Programmatically manage enabled and disabled opt-in AWS Regions on AWS accounts
- Workspot announces Cloud PCs powered by Amazon WorkSpaces Core
- Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL now supports tcn extension
- Amazon VPC Announces General Availability of Resource Map in AWS Management Console
- Amazon Elastic Container Service improves accuracy of Service Load Balancing
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling now supports instance refresh for standby and scale-in protected EC2 instances
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling instance refresh now supports rollback
- Announcing Network of Bots for Amazon Lex
- AWS Console Mobile Application adds support for new AWS regions
- Amazon EMR on EKS adds support for job execution retries
- AWS Lambda launches new CloudWatch metrics for asynchronous invocations
- AWS Control Tower provides updates to access logging and exceptions to more global services for Region Deny
- AWS Config now supports 20 new resource types
- Announcing the general availability of the AWS CRT HTTP Client in the AWS SDK for Java 2.x
- AWS launches AWS SAM connectors as a resource parameter
- New for Amazon ElastiCache for Redis 7: Get up to 72% better throughput with enhanced I/O multiplexing
- Grow and scale your startup with Google Cloud
- Reducing the storage impact of Point-in-Time Recovery
- Extending reality: Immersive Stream for XR is now Generally Available
- Transform SQL into SQLX for Dataform
- Secure your application traffic with Application Gateway mTLS
- Automate your attack response with Azure DDoS Protection solution for Microsoft Sentinel
- Network latency using OCI-Azure Interconnect and best practices
- Announcing Oracle Visual Builder Studio on OCI