67 / 100
Powered by Rank Math SEO
On this episode of The Cloud Pod, the team discusses the AWS systems manager default enablement option for all EC2 instances in an account, different ideas from leveraging innovators plus subscription using $500 Google credits, the Azure Open Source Day, the new theme for the Oracle OCI Console, and lastly, different ways to migrate to a cloud provider.
A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides full-stack cloud solutions with a focus on strategy, planning and execution for enterprises seeking to take advantage of the transformative capabilities of AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
This week’s highlights
- 🚨 AWS: AWS systems manager has a new default enablement option for all EC2 instances.
- 🚨 GCP: Leveraging the innovators plus subscription to create ideas on how to use Google cloud credits.
- 🚨 Azure: About Azure Open Source Day
- 🚨 Oracle: Oracle redesigns OCI Console UI
- 💡 “There’s a lot to understand about your product and the way it works before you can even think about a cloud migration”
- 💡 “In the cloud, we always tell to plan for failure”
- 💡 “If you’re selling to your business the need to innovate… and you’re going to move on a cloud journey, then you need to actually deliver on those things”
AWS: AWS systems manager has a new default enablement option for all EC2 instances
- 👤 Announcing the ability to enable AWS Systems Manager by default across all EC2 instances in an account
- ️🕵️ Using DHMC, core system manager capabilities are now available to all EC2 instances in an account.
GCP: Leveraging the innovators plus subscription to create ideas on how to use Google cloud credits
- 0️⃣ What would you build with $500 in Google Cloud credits included with Innovators Plus
- The innovators plus subscription offers $500 in credits and vouchers for certification.
Azure: About Azure Open Source Day
- 0️⃣ 7 reasons to join us at Azure Open Source Day
- This virtual event will take place on the 7th of March from 9 to 10:30.
- Join the Azure Collective on Stack Overflow
Oracle: Oracle redesigns OCI Console UI
- 0️⃣ Introducing Redwood Theming for Oracle Cloud
- Although the changes are cosmetic, usability enhancements are expected. .
The Cloud Journey Series; Cloud Migrations
- Cloud migration means moving your workload to a cloud provider, and the first part of this journey is the discovery phase.
- After inventory and assessment, the next step is to decide exactly how to move to the cloud which can be any one of five methods.
- It is imperative to consider your products and existing operational processes when migrating to a cloud provider..
Other Headlines Mentioned:
- New: AWS Telco Network Builder – Deploy and Manage Telco Networks
- Announcing AWS ParallelCluster 3.5 with a new UI for AWS ParallelCluster
- Amazon Connect Cases now supports AWS PrivateLink
- Amazon Detective launches an interactive workshop for investigating potential security issues
- Amazon OpenSearch Service now lets you schedule service software updates during off-peak hours
- AWS App Runner adds service level concurrency, CPU and Memory utilization metrics
- Amazon Connect launches granular access controls for real-time metrics
- AWS Incident Detection and Response now supports New Relic integration
- AWS Step Functions adds integration for 35 services including EMR Serverless
- Amazon CloudWatch announces increased quotas for Logs Insights
- Amazon MQ adds AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS) support for RabbitMQ brokers
- Request tracing for customizations now available for AWS Control Tower Account Factory for Terraform
- Amazon Managed Grafana now supports network access control
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams for Amazon DynamoDB now supports AWS CloudFormation for Global Tables
- Amazon Cognito identity pool data events are now available in AWS CloudTrail
- Amazon Pinpoint now supports SMS and voice spending metrics in Amazon CloudWatch
- AWS WAF Captcha adds support for ten additional languages
- AWS WAF Fraud Control – Account Takeover Protection now allows inspection of origin responses
- Amazon Fraud Detector(AFD) launched AFD-Lists to optimize fraud prevention strategies
- Amazon EC2 Dedicated Hosts now support automated maintenance on rare degradation
- AWS Expands Torn Write Prevention to EC2 Im4gn, Is4gen instances and additional EBS regions
- Amazon RDS for Oracle now supports early notifications of Auto minor Version Upgrades (AmVU)
- Behind the Scenes at AWS – DynamoDB UpdateTable Speedup
- Building your own private knowledge graph on Google Cloud
- Read-write premium caching now in public preview
- Public preview: Serverless Hyperscale in Azure SQL Database
- Generally Available: Azure Functions Linux Elastic Premium plan increased maximum scale-out limits
- Generally Available: Availability zones support for Azure Functions in new regions
- Generally Available: Durable Functions support for .NET isolated model
- Public Preview: Azure Communication Services Chat for Bot Framework
- Public preview: Major version upgrade in Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Flexible Server
- General availability: Encryption using CMK for Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Flexible Server
- GA: 50K relationships per twin support in Azure Digital Twins
- Public preview: VBS enclaves for Always Encrypted in Azure SQL Database
- Public Preview: Jobs API to support bulk import in Azure Digital Twins
- Public preview: Cluster key index in Azure Cosmos DB for Apache Cassandra
- Azure SQL—General availability updates for mid-February 2023
- General availability: Azure Active Directory for Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Flexible Server
- General availability: Improved geo-replication for Azure Cache for Redis
- Public Preview: SDK type bindings
- Generally available: Azure Functions support for Python 3.10
- Public preview: Python 3.10 Support
- Public preview: Upgrade scheduler
- Public preview: New General-Purpose VMs – Dlsv5 and Dldsv5
- Public Preview: Import Jobs API Support in Azure Digital Twins
- General availability: Azure IoT Edge supports Ubuntu 22.04
- General availability: Azure Data Explorer Dashboards
- Now Available: Azure Monitor Query client module for Go
- Public Preview: Customer-managed keys for Azure NetApp Files volume encryption
- Azure Backup: Enhanced experience for creating and managing private endpoints for Recovery Services vaults is now available
- 6 ways to improve accessibility with Azure AI
- DDoS Mitigation with Microsoft Azure Front Door
- Deploy Oracle FLEXCUBE with Oracle Kubernetes Engine
- Boost profitability with full flexibility: Automated DevOps on Oracle Cloud A1 compute
- Announcing native OCI Object Storage provider backend support in rclone
- Behind the scenes: Too slow, workflow! How OCI services use controllers to coordinate background processes
- 0️⃣ Northern Va. is the heart of the internet. Not everyone is happy about that.
- This is due to the constant humming noise from the machines particularly disturbing those living close to it.