On this episode of The Cloud Pod, the team talks about the possible replacement of CEO Sundar Pichai after Alphabet stock went up by just 1.9%, the new support feature of Amazon EKS for Kubernetes, three partner specializations just released by Google, and how clients have responded to the AI Powered Bing and Microsoft Edge.
A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides full-stack cloud solutions with a focus on strategy, planning and execution for enterprises seeking to take advantage of the transformative capabilities of AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
This week’s highlights
- 🚨 AWS: The new Amazon EKS release: the “combiner”.
- 🚨 GCP: Google rolls out new partner specializations
- 🚨 Azure: Microsoft releases AI-Powered Bing and Microsoft Edge.
- 💡 “It’s always going to be a race for these cloud providers to manage every software, in general, to stay up to date because it’s challenging”
AWS: The new Amazon EKS release: the “combiner”..
- 👤 Amazon EKS now supports Kubernetes version 1.25
- ️🕵️ The most notable change in version 1.25 is the removal of Pod Security Policies PSPs.
GCP: Google rolls out new partner specializations.
- 0️⃣ Three new Specializations help partners digitally transform customers
- These new specializations are Datacenter modernization services, DevOps services and Contact Center AI services.
Azure: Microsoft releases AI-Powered Bing and Microsoft Edge.
- 0️⃣ The new Bing preview experience arrives on Bing and Edge Mobile apps; introducing Bing now in Skype
- With positive feedback, they will be launching the Bing and Edge mobile apps.
Other Headlines Mentioned:
- Alphabet Needs to Replace Sundar Pichai
- Announcing Amazon ECS Task Definition Deletion
- New – Amazon Lightsail for Research with All-in-One Research Environments
- Microsoft Azure innovation powers leading price-performance for SQL Server
- AWS Security Hub launches 7 new security best practice controls
- AWS App Runner introduces web application firewall (WAF) support for enhanced security
- AWS SAM connectors now supports multiple destinations
- Announcing Consolidated Control Findings and a Consolidated Controls View for AWS Security Hub
- Amazon EC2 C7g instances are now available in additional regions
- AWS Glue Crawlers now support integration with Lake Formation
- Vertical specific bot templates in Lex Console
- AWS Systems Manager for SAP is now generally available, with initial support for backing up SAP HANA databases using AWS Backup
- Amazon RDS for MariaDB adds new disaster recovery (DR) capabilities with Cross-Region Automated Backups
- Amazon RDS for MySQL adds new disaster recovery (DR) capabilities with Cross-Region Automated Backups
- Amazon CloudWatch RUM now supports customer defined metrics for troubleshooting and monitoring
- Amazon Forecast now supports built-in holiday data for 251 countries to improve your forecasting accuracy
- AWS Resilience Hub adds application change capabilities and simplified APIs
- AWS Transfer Family announces support for sending AS2 messages over HTTPS
- Amazon QuickSight enables role-based access control to data sources that connect to Amazon S3 and Athena
- AWS Transfer Family announces AWS CloudFormation support and enhanced monitoring capabilities for AS2
- Amazon Detective adds the ability to export data from Summary page panels and search results
- AWS App Runner now supports HTTP to HTTPS redirect
- Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS Distro now support Kubernetes version 1.25
- Amazon ECS increases the number of provisioning tasks quota to deliver faster Cluster Auto Scaling
- Announcing Smart Data Validation for Amazon Fraud Detector
- Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics announces new Synthetics NodeJS runtime version 3.9
- Amazon Aurora Serverless v1 now supports customer configurable maintenance windows
- AWS Service Catalog now supports the ability to disassociate and delete products in one-action
- SageMaker Autopilot now offers the ability to select algorithms while launching a machine learning training experiment
- Amazon CloudWatch Internet Monitor is now generally available
- AWS Lake Formation extends Data Filters to all regions for supported services
- Amazon Redshift announces general availability of ROLLUP, CUBE, and GROUPING SETS in GROUP BY clause
- AWS SimSpace Weaver now supports AWS IAM Identity Center
- AWS Lambda now supports Amazon DocumentDB change streams as an event source
- Autocomplete suggestions are now available on AWS Marketplace search
- AWS SAM CLI announces preview of Rust build support
- AWS Private CA releases open source samples to help create Matter compliant certificate authorities
- Code scans for Lambda functions within Amazon Inspector now in preview
- Our progress toward quantum error correction
- Azure NetApp Files volume user and group quotas
- Public Preview: Azure NetApp Files now support large volumes up to 500TiB in size
- Public preview: Incremental snapshots for Premium SSD v2 Disk Storage
- GA: Create disks from CMK-encrypted snapshots across subscriptions and in the same tenant
- Public preview: Azure Managed Lustre
- General availability: Azure Sphere OS version 23.02
- Public Preview: Azure NetApp Files support for 2TiB capacity pools
- 3 Microsoft Azure AI product features that accelerate language learning
- Exploring mTLS setup to send a client certificate to the backend and OCSP validation
- Empowering operators and enterprises with the next wave of Azure for Operators services shaping the future of cloud
- Azure private MEC delivers modern connected applications for industries
- General availability: Scale improvements and metrics enhancements on Azure’s regional WAF
- What’s new in Azure Data & AI: Azure is the best place to build and run AI workloads
- Microsoft commercial marketplace: Spend smarter, move faster Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
- Upgrade your OCI Site-to-Site VPN tunnels to the next generation OCI VPN service
- ODSA versus the OCI-Azure Interconnect
- MLPerf: Benchmark multinode ML training on OCI