78 / 100
Powered by Rank Math SEO
On this episode of The Cloud Pod, the team talks about the possible replacement of CEO Sundar Pichai after Alphabet stock went up by just 1.9%, the new support feature of Amazon EKS for Kubernetes, three partner specializations just released by Google, and how clients have responded to the AI Powered Bing and Microsoft Edge.
A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides full-stack cloud solutions with a focus on strategy, planning and execution for enterprises seeking to take advantage of the transformative capabilities of AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
This week’s highlights
- 🚨 AWS: The new Amazon EKS release: the “combiner”.
- 🚨 GCP: Google rolls out new partner specializations
- 🚨 Azure: Microsoft releases AI-Powered Bing and Microsoft Edge.
- 💡 “It’s always going to be a race for these cloud providers to manage every software, in general, to stay up to date because it’s challenging”
AWS: The new Amazon EKS release: the “combiner”..
- 👤 Amazon EKS now supports Kubernetes version 1.25
- ️🕵️ The most notable change in version 1.25 is the removal of Pod Security Policies PSPs.
GCP: Google rolls out new partner specializations.
- 0️⃣ Three new Specializations help partners digitally transform customers
- These new specializations are Datacenter modernization services, DevOps services and Contact Center AI services.
Azure: Microsoft releases AI-Powered Bing and Microsoft Edge.
- 0️⃣ The new Bing preview experience arrives on Bing and Edge Mobile apps; introducing Bing now in Skype
- With positive feedback, they will be launching the Bing and Edge mobile apps.
Other Headlines Mentioned:
- Alphabet Needs to Replace Sundar Pichai
- Announcing Amazon ECS Task Definition Deletion
- New – Amazon Lightsail for Research with All-in-One Research Environments
- Microsoft Azure innovation powers leading price-performance for SQL Server
- AWS Security Hub launches 7 new security best practice controls
- AWS App Runner introduces web application firewall (WAF) support for enhanced security
- AWS SAM connectors now supports multiple destinations
- Announcing Consolidated Control Findings and a Consolidated Controls View for AWS Security Hub
- Amazon EC2 C7g instances are now available in additional regions
- AWS Glue Crawlers now support integration with Lake Formation
- Vertical specific bot templates in Lex Console
- AWS Systems Manager for SAP is now generally available, with initial support for backing up SAP HANA databases using AWS Backup
- Amazon RDS for MariaDB adds new disaster recovery (DR) capabilities with Cross-Region Automated Backups
- Amazon RDS for MySQL adds new disaster recovery (DR) capabilities with Cross-Region Automated Backups
- Amazon CloudWatch RUM now supports customer defined metrics for troubleshooting and monitoring
- Amazon Forecast now supports built-in holiday data for 251 countries to improve your forecasting accuracy
- AWS Resilience Hub adds application change capabilities and simplified APIs
- AWS Transfer Family announces support for sending AS2 messages over HTTPS
- Amazon QuickSight enables role-based access control to data sources that connect to Amazon S3 and Athena
- AWS Transfer Family announces AWS CloudFormation support and enhanced monitoring capabilities for AS2
- Amazon Detective adds the ability to export data from Summary page panels and search results
- AWS App Runner now supports HTTP to HTTPS redirect
- Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS Distro now support Kubernetes version 1.25
- Amazon ECS increases the number of provisioning tasks quota to deliver faster Cluster Auto Scaling
- Announcing Smart Data Validation for Amazon Fraud Detector
- Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics announces new Synthetics NodeJS runtime version 3.9
- Amazon Aurora Serverless v1 now supports customer configurable maintenance windows
- AWS Service Catalog now supports the ability to disassociate and delete products in one-action
- SageMaker Autopilot now offers the ability to select algorithms while launching a machine learning training experiment
- Amazon CloudWatch Internet Monitor is now generally available
- AWS Lake Formation extends Data Filters to all regions for supported services
- Amazon Redshift announces general availability of ROLLUP, CUBE, and GROUPING SETS in GROUP BY clause
- AWS SimSpace Weaver now supports AWS IAM Identity Center
- AWS Lambda now supports Amazon DocumentDB change streams as an event source
- Autocomplete suggestions are now available on AWS Marketplace search
- AWS SAM CLI announces preview of Rust build support
- AWS Private CA releases open source samples to help create Matter compliant certificate authorities
- Code scans for Lambda functions within Amazon Inspector now in preview
- Our progress toward quantum error correction
- Azure NetApp Files volume user and group quotas
- Public Preview: Azure NetApp Files now support large volumes up to 500TiB in size
- Public preview: Incremental snapshots for Premium SSD v2 Disk Storage
- GA: Create disks from CMK-encrypted snapshots across subscriptions and in the same tenant
- Public preview: Azure Managed Lustre
- General availability: Azure Sphere OS version 23.02
- Public Preview: Azure NetApp Files support for 2TiB capacity pools
- 3 Microsoft Azure AI product features that accelerate language learning
- Exploring mTLS setup to send a client certificate to the backend and OCSP validation
- Empowering operators and enterprises with the next wave of Azure for Operators services shaping the future of cloud
- Azure private MEC delivers modern connected applications for industries
- General availability: Scale improvements and metrics enhancements on Azure’s regional WAF
- What’s new in Azure Data & AI: Azure is the best place to build and run AI workloads
- Microsoft commercial marketplace: Spend smarter, move faster Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
- Upgrade your OCI Site-to-Site VPN tunnels to the next generation OCI VPN service
- ODSA versus the OCI-Azure Interconnect
- MLPerf: Benchmark multinode ML training on OCI