71 / 100
Powered by Rank Math SEO
On this episode of The Cloud Pod, the team discusses Amazon Pi Day, Google’s upcoming I/O conference, the agricultural data manager by Microsoft, and the downturn in net profits of Oracle. They also round up cloud migrations by highlighting tools from different cloud service providers that are useful for the process.
A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides full-stack cloud solutions with a focus on strategy, planning and execution for enterprises seeking to take advantage of the transformative capabilities of AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
This week’s highlights
- 🚨 AWS: Amazon celebrates Pi Day with live twitch streams.
- 🚨 GCP: Google announces their I/O conference to take place near their headquarters in Mountain View.
- 🚨 Azure:To increase global food production, Microsoft has created an agricultural data manager.
- 🚨 Oracle: Net income for Oracle this quarter dropped to 1.9 billion.
- 💡 “It’s been the thorn in the side of every migration I’ve been a part of… ‘how are we going to operate FTP securely in the cloud?”
- 💡 “It is not about where you are in the future to Amazon, it’s about where you are today… that’s why Google and Azure have some success seen as Amazon because they come in and they realize the true long-term value of the customer not the immediate short-term value of the Amazon approach”
AWS: Amazon celebrates Pi Day with live twitch streams.
- 👤 Celebrate Amazon S3’s 17th birthday at AWS Pi Day 2023
- ️🕵️ They also announced 7 new capabilities across their data services.
GCP: Google announces their I/O conference to take place near their headquarters in Mountain View.
- 0️⃣ Google I/O 2023 developer conference to kick off on May 10
- The full agenda will be published in the next few weeks.
Azure: To increase global food production, Microsoft has created an agricultural data manager.
- 0️⃣ Announcing Microsoft Azure Data Manager for Agriculture: Accelerating innovation across the agriculture value chain
- With the rising rate of hunger, this manager will provide solutions by maximizing agricultural data.
Oracle: Net income for Oracle this quarter dropped to 1.9 billion.
- 0️⃣ Oracle’s stock heads south on revenue shortfall
- Despite the drop, and the gap from other cloud providers, they only slightly missed Wall Street expectations.
The Cloud Journey Series; Cloud Migration Tools.
- The final part of Cloud Migrations Migrations; cloud tools to help with your migration.
- AWS has the highest amount of tools for cloud migrations; GCP and Azure also have some useful tools, but the least is OCI
- Foghorn Consulting can help clients with planning out their migration program.
Other Headlines Mentioned:
- The inside story on Mountpoint for Amazon S3, a high-performance open source file client
- The next generation of AI for developers and Google Workspace
- Azure previews powerful and scalable virtual machine series to accelerate generative AI
- ChatGPT is now available in Azure OpenAI Service
- Amazon MemoryDB for Redis Announces 99.99% Availability Service Level Agreement
- Application Auto Scaling now supports Metric Math for Target Tracking policies
- Introducing fine-grained access controls with AWS Lake Formation and Apache Hive on Amazon EMR
- Amazon EC2 M1 Mac instances now support in-place operating system updates
- Amazon Keyspaces (for Apache Cassandra) now supports client-side timestamps
- Announcing an updated console experience for Amazon GameLift
- Amazon Kendra releases Confluence Server Connector
- Amazon Kendra releases Confluence Cloud Connector
- Amazon Kendra releases SharePoint OnPrem Connectors
- Amazon Neptune introduces graph summary API
- Announcing R6i instances for Amazon Neptune
- Amazon Neptune announces support for Slow Query Logs
- Amazon Connect Wisdom now supports Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Amazon QuickSight adds hide collapsed columns control for Pivot table
- Amazon OpenSearch Service now supports OpenSearch version 2.5
- Amazon Route 53 Resolver endpoints for hybrid cloud announces IPv6 support
- Amazon EMR on EKS adds support for emitting customer metrics for managed endpoints
- Amazon SageMaker Data Wrangler now supports Amazon EMR Hive as a big query engine
- Amazon SES adds email receiving metrics for better visibility and control
- Amazon Connect launches a new API for customers to access historical metrics
- Announcing Favorites feature to organize AWS Systems Manager documents and runbooks
- Announcing lower data warehouse base capacity configuration for Amazon Redshift Serverless
- Amazon Aurora MySQL-Compatible Edition now supports Microsoft Active Directory authentication
- Public preview: Azure Cognitive Service for Vision Powers State-of-the-Art Computer Vision Development
- Public preview: Illumio for Azure Firewall
- Public Preview: Azure Chaos Studio now available in
- General availability: Ephemeral OS disks supports encryption at host using customer managed keys
- Public preview: Accelerated Connections for Network Virtual Appliances now in Azure Marketplace
- Private Preview: Azure Backup enables vaulted backups for Azure Files for comprehensive data protection.
- GA: Spot Priority Mix
- General availability: Yocto Kirkstone recipes for IoT Edge 1.4 LTS
- Public Preview: Azure Backup enables vaulted backups for Azure Blob for comprehensive data protection.
- Oracle Cloud VMware Solution with OCI block volumes
- First principles: Using redundancy and recovery to achieve high durability in OCI Object Storage
- OCI Object Storage is certified as Veeam Ready – Object
- 0️⃣ Silicon Valley Bank failed last week, alongside a few other banks.
- This was a result of changes in banking regulations made by the last administration.