On The Cloud Pod this week, Amazon SWF launches a new console experience, Google acquires Mandiant, and Azure Space has some new products coming your way soon.
Thank you to our sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides top notch cloud and DevOps engineers to the world’s most innovative companies. Initiatives stalled because you’re having trouble hiring? Foghorn can be burning down your DevOps and Cloud backlogs as soon as next week.
- ⏰ Amazon SWF just launched a new console experience for building distributed applications.
- ⏰ The Google acquisition of Mandiant (Mandoogle!) is finished.
- ⏰ Azure Space announced their next wave of products.
💎 “The new certification is sort of interesting, because it’s a little bit more like the, the content isn’t new, right? But the certification is new. And so it’s an interesting metric. Like how do you, how do you ensure people are reviewing the content? You have these certifications that you measure on the completion of that? So like, it’s, I can see how it’s a little bit of like, weaponizing, you know, those metrics in order to like drive culture change, maybe within an org where there’s division over private cloud or public cloud? Or, you know, it just depends on what you want to do. But very interesting.” [17:04]
- 😳 Hashi Corp announced that Consul Terraform Sync is generally available at the 0.7 release. [1:12]
AWS: More Like Amazon SWTF?
- 🤔 You’ve never heard of it, but Amazon SWF just launched a new console experience for building distributed applications. [4:20]
- 😷 Amazon SNS launches a public preview of message data protection. [6:53]
- 🏃♂️ Your containers will now be launching faster, thanks to Seekable OCI for lazy loading container images. [10:00]
GCP: Hey Siri, What Is a Mandoogle?
- 🙊 Google Cloud Next is less than one month away. Have you registered yet? [12:16]
- 🤷🏻♀️ The Cloud Digital Leader certification is bringing Cloud training to those of us who aren’t technically inclined. [14:56]
- 🚨BeyondCorp Enterprise is giving you more ways to protect your corporate applications. [18:45]
- 🧑💻The Google acquisition of Mandiant (Mandoogle!) is finished, finally bringing the two cybersecurity giants together. [19:34]
- ☁️ Google introduces cloud backup and DR. [21:56]
Azure: Even More Products From Azure
- 👋 Built-in Azure Monitor lerts for Azure Backup is now generally available. [25:45]
- 📀 Two years after launch, Azure Space announced their next wave of products. [28:54]
TCP Lightning Lightning Round [30:06]
⚡️ The scores stayed the same this week… will Justin ever be de-throwned?:
Justin (7), Ryan (5), Jonathan (4), Peter (1).
- Multi-instance GPU support in AKS
- AWS Backup adds Amazon CloudWatch metrics to its console dashboard
- Amazon RDS Performance Insights now supports displaying top 25 SQL queries
- SageMaker Studio now supports Glue Interactive Sessions
- AWS Firewall Manager adds support for AWS WAF custom requests and responses
- Azure Dedicated Host support for Ultra Disk Storage
- AWS Fargate announces migration of service quotas to vCPU-based quotas
- Standard network features for Azure NetApp Files
Things Coming Up: