On a slow news week, we talk about the new AWS Switzerland region, Googles 2022 State of Devops report and GCP gets those flexible committed use discounts!
Thank you to our sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides top notch cloud and DevOps engineers to the world’s most innovative companies. Initiatives stalled because you’re having trouble hiring? Foghorn can be burning down your DevOps and Cloud backlogs as soon as next week.
General News [4:02]
- ⏰ Announcing the 2022 Accelerate State of DevOps Report: A deep dive into security.
- ⏰ AWS opens a new region–its 28th– in Switzerland
- ⏰ GCP unveils flexible committed use discounts.
💎 “Back when you only had the option of on demand or reserved instances, and you do the math… And if you run the thing, basically more than 40 hours a week, you might as well buy the Ri. You’re not getting any benefit of scaling anyway, at that point. So this is this is so much better, you get the benefit of committing to an aggregate use and the discount to that with the benefit of turning stuff off when you’re not using it.” [32:24]
AWS: Amazon Isn’t Neutral About Switzerland
- 🇨🇭 AWS opens a new region–its 28th– in Switzerland. [19:29]
- 🔎 Quickly find resources in your AWS account with new Resource Explorer. [21:55]
GCP: Google Is Committed To Their Flexibility
- 🔈 Announcing MongoDB connector for Apigee Integration. [24:40]
- 🧘 GCP unveils flexible committed use discounts. [28:15]
Azure: Azure Needs No Downtime
⚡ TCP Lightning Round (Justin 8, Ryan 7, Jonathan 4, Peter 0) [35:09]
- AWS Certificate Manager now supports Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm TLS certificates
- Amazon ElastiCache adds support for Redis 7
- AWS Private 5G service now includes support for multiple radio-units
- Amazon ElastiCache now supports Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
- GA: Encrypt Azure storage account with cross-tenant customer-managed keys
Things Coming Up:
And that is the week in the cloud. We would like to thank our sponsors Foghorn Consulting. Check out our website, the home of the cloud pod where you can join our newsletter, Slack team, send feedback or ask questions at thecloudpod.net or Tweet at us with hashtag #thecloudpod