Jonathan, Ryan and Justin will be live streaming the major keynotes starting Monday Night, followed by Adam’s keynote on Tuesday, Swami’s keynote on Wednesday and Wrap up our Re:Invent coverage with Werner’s keynote on Thursday. Tune into our live stream here on the site or via Twitch/Twitter, etc.
On The Cloud Pod this week, Amazon Time Sync is now available over the internet as a public NTP service, Amazon announces ECS Task Scale-in protection, and Private Marketplace is now in preview.
Thank you to our sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides top notch cloud and DevOps engineers to the world’s most innovative companies. Initiatives stalled because you’re having trouble hiring? Foghorn can be burning down your DevOps and Cloud backlogs as soon as next week.
- ⏰ Amazon Time Sync is now available over the internet as a public NTP service.
- ⏰ Amazon announces ECS Task Scale-in protection.
- ⏰ Private Marketplace is now in preview.
💎 “And then those companies say, ‘Well, I don’t have time to performance tests and regression tests and load tests.’ Or, or, ‘It’s not broken, I don’t want to fix it.’ You know, and so they just sit there paying more money because it’s not worth the risk.” [10:37]
AWS: Time for Amazon
- ⚖️ Amazon announces ECS Task Scale-in protection. [2:05]
- ⏳ Amazon Time Sync is now available over the internet as a public NTP service. [4:54]
- 🍎 Amazon EC2 Mac instances now support Apple macOS Ventura. [6:14]
- 📦 Amazon RDS now supports General Purpose gp3 storage volumes. [7:49]
- 📀 Amazon EKS supports Kubernetes version 1.24. [10:53]
- 🪟 New centralized Logging for Windows Containers on Amazon EKS using Fluent Bit. [15:50]
- 🔊 Amazon EC2 announces new price and capacity-optimized allocation strategy for provisioning Amazon EC2 Spot Instances. [16:28]
- 💻 AWS Backup now supports restore of VMware workloads to Amazon EC2. [18:37]
GCP: Privately GCP
- 🔈 Private Marketplace is now in preview. [20:05]
- 🧘 Google Public Sector announces continuity-of-operations offering for government entities under cyberattack. [21:48]
Azure: Empowered Azure
- ❗Project Flash Update: Advancing Azure Virtual Machine availability monitoring. [23:37]
- ☁️ Empowering ISVs to build and sell with the Microsoft Cloud. [25:47]
- 👩🏼🤝👨🏽 More inclusive workplaces: Independent Review prompts Microsoft to release an action plan. [27:35]
⚡ TCP Lightning Round (Justin 8, Ryan 7, Jonathan 4, Peter 0) [29:00]
Things Coming Up:
And that is the week in the cloud. We would like to thank our sponsors Foghorn Consulting. Check out our website, the home of the cloud pod where you can join our newsletter, Slack team, send feedback or ask questions at thecloudpod.net or Tcweet at us with hashtag #thecloudpod