AI Products & Earnings
On this episode of The Cloud Pod, the team talks about the announcement of Amazon VPC resource map, Google’s new AI product, the new Bing AI-powered search engine, and why multiple accounts are necessary for data centers to carry out work seamlessly in the cloud.
A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides full-stack cloud solutions with a focus on strategy, planning and execution for enterprises seeking to take advantage of the transformative capabilities of AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
This week’s highlights
- 🚨 AWS: AWS announces Amazon VPC resource map
- 🚨 GCP: Sundar introduces Google’s new AI product, Google Bard.
- 🚨 Azure: Microsoft announces the resurgence of Bing now powered by Open AI and Edge browser.
- 💡 “How was Google the first one to start looking into AI and still be late to the market?”
- 💡 “That’s why you have a center of excellence; they’re positioned centrally to be able to orchestrate all the different moving parts and be able to facilitate the communication between all the different projects and parts of not only your business but also your cloud provider’s business as well”
- 💡 “I think it’s important to not try to answer the next ten years of problems but also to try to build in circuit breakers or flexibility into your designs so that you can quickly adapt”
AWS: AWS announces Amazon VPC resource map.
- 👤 New – Visualize Your VPC Resources from Amazon VPC Creation Experience
- ️🕵️ This feature shows users their existing VPC resources and routing on a single page in order to simplify VPC creation on AWS.
GCP: Sundar introduces Google’s new AI product, Google Bard.
- 0️⃣ An important next step on our AI journey
- It is a conversational AI service, powered by LaMDA, being made available to trusted testers before the public.
Azure: Microsoft announces the resurgence of Bing now powered by Open AI and Edge browser.
- 0️⃣ Reinventing search with a new AI-powered Microsoft Bing and Edge, your copilot for the web
- The new Bing search engine will include a new chat experience and better search with complete answers, as well as other features.
The Cloud Journey Series; The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE)
- The complexity of the workload being managed at data centers makes multiple accounts imperative for ease of processing.
- Despite the evolution in projects and accounts, there are some poorly thought out aspects, for example, shared VPC.
- The onus is on cloud users to identify what they need to communicate intrasystem and what they can have in complete isolation.
Other Headlines Mentioned:
- Google suffered ‘pullback’ in ad spending over holidays, Alphabet stock falls after earnings
- Amazon stock falls as least profitable holiday quarter since 2014 leads to its worst annual loss on record
- Amazon: Airing Out The Financial Laundry
- Amazon EC2 C7g metal instances are now available
- In development: New planned datacenter region in Saudi Arabia (Saudi Arabia Central)
- Microsoft Azure Load Testing is now generally available
- Azure Native NGINXaas makes traffic management secure and simple—now generally available
- The anatomy of ransomware event targeting data residing in Amazon S3
- Optimizing your Kubernetes compute costs with Karpenter consolidation
- AWS Service Management Connector for Jira Service Management customer portal
- AWS announces new AWS Direct Connect location in Kolkata, India
- Amazon Fraud Detector introduces Cold Start model training for customers with limited historical data
- Amazon CloudWatch now supports high-resolution metric extraction from structured logs
- AWS SimSpace Weaver now supports CloudFormation
- AWS Glue Crawlers now support MongoDB Atlas
- AWS Systems Manager Change Manager now supports a more flexible way of approving change requests
- AWS Systems Manager Change Calendar now provides a more comprehensive calendar view of operational events
- Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL now supports seg extension
- Amazon Chime SDK now offers a Windows client library
- Amazon EC2 Mac instances now support replacing root volumes for quick instance restoration
- AWS SAM CLI introduces ‘sam list’ command to inspect AWS SAM resources
- AWS AppConfig expands encryption capabilities, integrating with AWS Secrets Manager and AWS KMS
- Amazon Connect launches AWS CloudFormation support for instance management APIs
- Amazon OpenSearch Service now supports enabling SAML during domain creation
- Use your own training image in a private Docker registry with Amazon SageMaker
- Amazon increases NAT Gateway’s capacity to support concurrent connections to a unique destination
- Amazon Omics Supports PrivateLink & CloudFormation
- AWS App Runner now supports HTTP 1.0 protocol
- AWS CloudFormation StackSets gives quick access to list of Regions for stack instances of a stack set
- New to Chronicle: Contextual Awareness
- How to migrate Cloud Storage data from multi-region to regional
- How to use advance feature engineering to preprocess data in BigQuery ML
- Submit your entry now for our *new* Talent Transformation Google Cloud Customer Award
- Demystifying BigQuery BI Engine
- Advancing cancer research with public imaging datasets from the National Cancer Institute Imaging Data Commons
- What Data Pipeline Architecture should I use?
- Azure Red Hat OpenShift for Microsoft Azure Government—now generally available
- Now available: “Find my partner” for Azure Data Explorer
- Generally Available: Serverless Real-Time Inference in Azure Databricks
- Azure Digital Twins Control-Plane Preview API Retirement (2021-06-31)
- General Availability: Managed Run Command – Execute PowerShell or shell scripts on Virtual Machines and Scale Sets
- Public Preview: Azure Digital Twins
- Generally available: New storage backend for Durable Functions — Microsoft Netherite & MSSQL
- Generally Available: Azure Functions support for Node.js 18
- General availability: Trusted launch for Azure VMs in Azure for US Government regions
- Azure SQL Gen 4 hardware approaching end of life 31 March 2023
- Generally Available: Azure Kubernetes Service introduces two pricing tiers: Free and Standard
- Meta Declares ‘Year of Efficiency’ as Revenue Stagnates