On The Cloud Pod this week, Amazon announces massive corporate and tech lay offs and S3 Encrypts New Objects By Default, BigQuery multi-statement transactions are now generally available, and Microsoft announces acquisition of Fungible to accelerate datacenter innovation.
Thank you to our sponsor, Foghorn Consulting, which provides top notch cloud and DevOps engineers to the world’s most innovative companies. Initiatives stalled because you’re having trouble hiring? Foghorn can be burning down your DevOps and Cloud backlogs as soon as next week.
- ⏰ Amazon S3 Encrypts New Objects By Default. [3:09]
- ⏰ Announcing the GA of BigQuery multi-statement transactions. [13:04]
- ⏰ Microsoft announces acquisition of Fungible to accelerate datacenter innovation. [17:14]
💎 “And it’s interesting that, you know, the way they’re phrasing this where it’s, you know, it’s it’s moving these traditional things that have been in relational databases for a long time, but it’s the it’s the, the analytical, sort of big data sort of offerings, and it’s interesting to see how that transforms over time.” [15:16]
- Amazon S3 Encrypts New Objects By Default. [3:09]
- AWS App Runner now integrates with AWS Secrets Manager and AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store. [8:26]
- Azure Confidential Computing on 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors with Intel TDX. [15:38]
- Microsoft announces acquisition of Fungible to accelerate datacenter innovation. [17:14]
The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) [19:40]:
- Setting up a charter that works for your CCOE.
- Setting up your big three and expanding your charter.
- Choosing your stakeholders–and when to bring them on.
- Picking the right strategy areas for your charter.
- Authenticate to Amazon EKS using Google Workspace
- Amazon Personalize now supports tag based resource authorization
- Amazon Kendra releases S3 connector with VPC support to enable customers to index and search content from S3
- Amazon Personalize launches new recipe “Trending-Now”
- Amazon Kendra releases new Google Drive Connector to enable document indexing and search on Google Drive
- AWS CloudShell is now Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) eligible
- Amazon Kendra launches Kendra Intelligent Ranking for self-managed OpenSearch
- Amazon S3 Storage Lens introduces tiered pricing for cost-effective monitoring at scale
- AWS Network Firewall adds support for reject action for TCP traffic
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling now forecasts frequently for more accurate predictive scaling
- Introducing Amazon EMR Serverless Custom images: Bring your own libraries and application dependencies
- Announcing Amazon Elastic Fabric Adapter Installer v1.21
- Amazon MWAA now supports Apache Airflow version 2.4 with Python 3.10
- Accelerate integrated Salesforce insights with Google Cloud Cortex Framework
- Hierarchical Firewall Policy Automation with Terraform
- Public preview: Azure Synapse Runtime for Apache Spark 3.3
- At-scale monitoring for Azure Site Recovery with Backup center
- Public preview: Capture Event Hubs data with Stream Analytics no-code editor in Delta Lake format
- Public Preview: Azure Cosmos DB to Azure Data Explorer Synapse Link
- Azure VM backup: General availability updates for Dec, 2022
- General availability: Apache log4J2 sink to Azure Data Explorer
- Microsoft named a Leader in 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Insight Engines
And that is the week in the cloud. We would like to thank our sponsors Foghorn Consulting. Check out our website, the home of the cloud pod where you can join our newsletter, Slack team, send feedback or ask questions at thecloudpod.net or Tcweet at us with hashtag #thecloudpod